fresh server fresh ols installed

Smir

Hey, new forums? sure I had an account before? :unsure:

Anyway! unsure what is happening or if its the vps it self..

second time this has happened, the first time restarted the server and all was fine and see apache2 loaded up aswell, so removed that thinking that was the cause, but this morning I see the same thing happened.

When I go to connect to the server via ssh, that I was one the night before it asks me to accept a new RSA key - something which I know happens when the server is rebuilt?

So I'm locked out the IP address doesn't work with connection refused, the ols admin panel doesn't work with connection refused, ssh doesn't work with connection refused. I can go on via ssh with an emergency ssh access via my host and I did a top commend to see what was running, seems like things stopped running?? all the times are pretty much 0?

anyone recommend anything I can check or know what is causing this?

1543843121371.png

any suggestions?

thanks in advanced

lskagan

Administrator
This seems like a possible Kernel Panic or System lockup. You can try rebooting to see if it fixes the issue but ultimately you will want to contact your host about this issue.

Smir

This seems like a possible Kernel Panic or System lockup. You can try rebooting to see if it fixes the issue but ultimately you will want to contact your host about this issue.
Yeah I did, and a reboot does fix it, but it happened twice now.

They think it might be an IP conflict? could that cause the issue?

Last edited:

lskagan

Administrator
This seems for like a Kernel, System, or Hardware issue as something should be using CPU usage even 0.01% but it seems like nothing is using CPU. Even if no traffic was coming in because of IP conflict, there should still be some CPU usage.