Getting Read-Only Error in Admin Panel

A.Ch

Hello,

We are using DirectAdmin as our hosting control panel. When we visit the Admin area of OpenLiteSpeed, we are getting below error:

Code:
Include file detected in configuration file. Entering Read-only mode.
We contacted them and they mentioned that this is a OpenLiteSpeed limitation.

We would appreciate if you resolve this issue in upcoming versions.

Thank you

David

This is not an error.
Since it contains `include` file so that the webAdmin can not modify it but just view it.
In current openlitespeed releases, we can not update the `include` files.
Maybe since openlitespeed 1.6.0 in the future, we will start to support it.
Thank you.

If you need to edit the phpINI override with directadmin. Go to /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/'your_username'/openlitespeed.conf

This helped me to get ninjafirewall for wordpress working.

This is not an error.
Since it contains `include` file so that the webAdmin can not modify it but just view it.
In current openlitespeed releases, we can not update the `include` files.
Maybe since openlitespeed 1.6.0 in the future, we will start to support it.
Thank you.
Its been a year is there any update on this ?
All the guides and or help references are mostly referring to the web interface which is a beautiful tool.
Super frustrating to not be able to use it. I don't mind waiting i mean its free after all just like to know if its planned at all ? Atm there seems to be a bit of a stalemate DA pointing at Openlitespeed and vica versa.

Is there a way to force this to work ? inject all the includes files into the conf file and remove all references ?

David

The `include` will expand the included file in-place, you can try to inject the files, and when all `include` removed, the webAdmin will come back.