Proper procedure/configuration of OLS as proxy

I have recently moved from Apache to OLS and am trying to learn as much as possible.

Recently I've stumbled upon a issue using OLS as proxy infront of netdata - a localhost webserver running on port 19999.

I would ultimately like to access netdata from example.com/netdata.

From what I could find in the docs I am supposed to set up an external app in OLS linked to http://localhost:19999. I've then tried to add a context area (/netdata) to my virtual host, but it returns an error..

by the looks of it OLS tries to look for the netdata files in the correct path (/usr/shared/example/) but appends a netdata dir to the end of its path (/usr/shared/example/netdata) which obviously does not exist.

Have anyone tried pairing OLS with netdata or using OLS as a proxy infront of another webserver - and able to point me in the right direction of how to set this up?

Setting context as / will not work as example.com is used as for a large website.

Is it not possible to proxy the localhost server to a diferent url than the root domain?

David

I do not know how to answer your question, because it is not simple yes or no.
You may set some rewrite rule to help to do that, but I am not so good at the rules.