Possible Bug in Graceful Restart in OpenLiteSpeed with DirectAdmin + IPv6

Meiji

Hi,

I am new to OLS forums. How can I get support regarding the following issue?

It seems OpenLiteSpeed stops listening to IPv6 after a while or if a graceful restart was performed - either manually or, internally by DirectAdmin.

When it stops listening to IPv6, installing Let's Encrypt SSL fails, and websites are no longer available over IPv6. They are still available over IPv4 however.

Domains without IPv6 do not face any of the issues and Let's Encrypt installs without any issue, too.

I have linked IPv6 to IPv4.
Server hostname to user domains, all IPv4 have IPv6 linked.
I have installed DirectAdmin + OLS over 15 times, all installs have the same error.

I see the following errors with CloudLinux and without CloudLinux installed:

Code:
[ERROR] HttpListener::start(): Can't listen at address 2602-x-x-x-0-0-0-1-80: Address already in use!

[ERROR] HttpServer::addListener(2602-x-x-x-0-0-0-1-80) failed to create new listener

[ERROR] [config:server:listener:2602-x-x-x-0-0-0-1-80] failed to start listener on address [2602:x:x:x:0:0:0:1]:80!

[ERROR] HttpListener::start(): Can't listen at address 2602-x-x-x-0-0-0-1-443: Address already in use!

[ERROR] HttpServer::addListener(2602-x-x-x0-0-0-1-443) failed to create new listener

[ERROR] [config:server:listener:2602-x-x-x-0-0-0-1-443] failed to start listener on address [2602:x:x:x:0:0:0:1]:443!

[ERROR] Hostname [*] on listener [45.x.x.x:80] is mapped to virtual host [x.x.x.x], can't map to virtual host [hostname]!

[ERROR] Hostname [*] on listener [45.x.x.x:443] is mapped to virtual host [x.x.x.x], can't map to virtual host [hostname]!

If I do any of the following, the websites become available over IPv6 again and Let's Encrypt Installs fine:

Code:
systemctl stop lsws
systemctl start lsws

or

./build rewrite_confs

Doing the above removes some of the listener errors from the above, too.
Sometimes, ./build rewrite_confs fails to restart OLS.

Doing a graceful restart does not solve the issues. But doing it twice in a row solves the errors.

Code:
systemctl restart lsws

When websites are available over IPv6, do a graceful restart once, they are no longer available over IPv6. Stop OpenLiteSpeed and start, they become available again.

When websites are available over IPv6, I can install Let's Encrypt only on one domain. If I add another user and try to install Let's Encrypt, it fails and the websites become unavailable over IPv6

Meiji

@Pong, could you see the ticket is handled by a competent tech or by someone who understands English?

I have provided clear steps to reproduce the issue via DirectAdmin, still, he is asking to recreate the issue from the terminal, provided both admin and root login details, still, he is asking for login information.

Which suggests he is replying to me without reading the ticket.

David

I replied you in the ticket.
If you do not want to give me the access, that is OK.
I am not try to reproduce the issue on your server, just want to fix the issue on your server.