OLS update on CentOS 8

Hi,

I've been evaluation the stable 1.5 branch for a while now with lsphp74, so far its been a delight. (looking at moving away from NGINX)
While the server is not yet in production, I decided to check for updates with yum and I believe it wanted to update OLS to 1.6.6 (yesterday morning) along with lsphp73.

I have done no changes to the system or OLS, only uploading and testing code.

Now the question is, has my server turned senile and confused, or is 1.6.x considered stable, and why does it want lsphp73 all of a sudden?
Accept my fate and upgrade OLS but downgrade PHP (or run with multiple versions of PHP, which I really do not)?

OLS was installed via the Repository guide, the same way for PHP except I replaced lsphp73 with lsphp74.
I haven't upgraded OLS before as far as I know, and it wants to upgrade OLS from 1.5.11 to 1.6.6 and install lsphp73 (with all packages) even though it already has lsphp74

I even had an extra look in the yum repo file, and its not set to the edge tier repository (it uses the normal)... which is why I came looking for answers.

If
you will need to set to edge. Just follow the KB and you should able to do the upgrade without any issue.
I followed the instructions to the letter, and even if I attempt to update - it still wants to install lsphp73. I do not want that, I already have lsphp74.
I have also tried to exclude lsphp73 from the update, but then OLS will not update since it requires components from the lsphp73 package, apparently.

Pong

Administrator
maybe you log a ticket(send email to support@litespeedtech.com) with us with tmp root ssh login to your server for us to check for you. OLS upgrade normally won't override your exiting configuration, hence it should not change your lsphp settings.

Can we clarify you upgrade path, you "yum update openlitespeed" from version 1.5.11 to 1.6.6, correct?

Hello Chris,

Starting with 1.6 we use the LSPHP73 for the webadmin, your site will still use LSPHP74.
I must of have missed that if it's documented, in any case... makes sense, thank you.
Pushed the update through and it appears to be working as intended.