Scripting Listener/Vhost settings

markc

I notice if I simple copy conf/vhosts/Example/* to ie; conf/vhosts/example.com and then edit the vhconf.conf file accordingly and create the right docroot folders that the webadmin interface does not pick up this newly added vhost.

How do folks use simple shell scripts or orchestration tools to automatically set up new virtual hosts without using the web gui?

markc

Well one week later with a dozen reinstalls of the openlitespeed-1.6.9.tgz tarball and I finally have a working system on top of my own custom Ubuntu 20.04 server setup. Whew, a lot of wtf googling involved but 4 vhosts using PHP 7.4, one Wordpress, one Roundcube, one custom control panel, are all working. I ended up using a single SSL Listener with one Template and 4 Member Virtual Hosts. Once I figure out where that MVH config file(s) is stored then scripting more vhosts should be really really simple. The next challenge is to figure out how to convert my nginx rewrite rules so I can allocate Letsencrypt certs for any vhost via the primary vhost so the LE docroot rmains on the local server even when the vhost is on Cloudflare. I can't use certbot because I remove python from my server setup so I use dehydrated instead. I'm excited to get this far as I nearly gave up... heh, just about every day this past week!