Compiler options

Hi. So I'm currently running OLS on an AlmaLinux 9 VPS at OVH. The system compilers are are gcc 11 and clang/llvm 16. Using the build.sh script to compile OLS from source tree (v1.8.x branch and master branch), I run into problems with clang, and a few of the libraries spit warnings like California Prop 65 labels (they're on everything. Like, everything.) I decided to install the gcc-toolset-13 suite and use it by running
Bash:
scl enable gcc-toolset-13 bash
looking to take advantage of a few of the optimizations in gcc 13. For whatever reason, my built binaries seem to exit out on
Bash:
systemctl start lshttpd
so I need to look into that and maybe go the O.G. ./configure and make way.

I also build a few other projects and I wanted to give LLVM/Clang 19 a shot, so that's currently compiling, along with lld.

Okay, so the point of my question:
Is there a recommended compiler and version (i.e. gcc 11, gcc 13, clang 16, etc) for building the OLS source tree? I believe the build.sh file uses cmake/gcc. Has anyone tried alternative compilers and minimized warnings, or is there a recommended compiler for OLS source tree? I guess it would be gcc.

And if you don't mind, for those who compile from source tree, what has been your experience?