Wordpress on Digital Ocean with Cloudflare keeps crashing randomly

shahz

Dear OLS community,

I've heard a lot of good word about OLS for Wordpress and I'm fairly new here. Hoping to get some assistance.
I've setup a fresh OLS + Wordpress instance on DigitalOcean and here's roughly what I have so far.

For the main instance, I'm using a CPU-Optimized 4GB CPU + 8GB RAM instance. I mounted a Volume Storage to the uploads directory.
For the database, I've setup a 1vCPU + 2GB RAM Managed Database.
I'm also using Cloudflare to help in the caching process.

But still, when I'm browsing around the backend, clicking on a link just stalls the whole site and suddenly goes offline. A few refreshes later, it turns fine again.
Even switching pages is extremely slow. This is only happening in the backend. The front end is heavily cached with Cloudflare Page Rules.

I've also not been able to get the Redis Server working. The connection just keeps failing.

Is there a kind soul who can help me? I'm already pulling my hair.

I've been using WHM/Cpanel all this while and I'm actually a little afraid to make this plunge, but I had to give it a shot.

Last edited:

gilles

1) Have you looked at the server logs under /usr/local/lsws/logs?
2) Redis server not working is not a good sign. Have you looked at the redis server log or error messages under /var/log/syslog?
3) Are you using local DigitalOcean networking to access the database or the machine public IP?
4) I would advise to disable the Cloudflare proxy and caching until you get your website stable with just OLS.