OpenLiteSpeed 1.3.7 and 1.4.4 support HTTP/2

lsmichael

Howdy all,

Just posted this to the Google Group, but I think it bears repeating here:

We just released OpenLiteSpeed 1.3.7 and 1.4.4. Both versions support HTTP/2 draft 16. We're very excited about HTTP/2's impending release and will do our best to support it as soon and as fully as possible.

Our HTTP/2 implementation supports ALPN, NPN, and the Upgrade header (for starting HTTP/2 over a non-encrypted connection). At the moment, we do not support server push — we do not believe this will be heavily implemented early on.

Enabling HTTP/2 support is essentially the same as enabling SPDY support: If you're compiling from source, you need OpenSSL 1.0.1 and need to use the --enable-spdy option. (You can also use --enable-http2. Currently, they do the same thing.) If you download from our repository, HTTP/2 support is built in. I will update the documentation to reflect this soon.

This has been a lot of work over the past few weeks. Thank you for bearing with us if we've been a little less communicative than usual.

On to the next step!

Cheers,

Michael

On the latest OLS, Can I implement the same caching mechanism as fastcgi_cache of Nginx?
I mean full page caching for the guest only and do not cache login members by detecting cookie without using a xenforo addon?

And also I will ask again :D
So no need to have HTTPS enabled for HTTP/2?

lsmichael

Anybody else having problems with 1.4.4 and FireFox 35.0.1 not being able to reach their site? I'm about to do a regression back to 1.4.3 to see if that is the problem.

Anybody else having problems with 1.4.4 and FireFox 35.0.1 not being able to reach their site? I'm about to do a regression back to 1.4.3 to see if that is the problem.
1.4.X is beta ,,, I try 1.4.4 , but find bugs ,, now I install 1.3.7 ,, this is stable , I think it is stable to make a website with 1.3.7

1.4.X is beta ,,, I try 1.4.4 , but find bugs ,, now I install 1.3.7 ,, this is stable , I think it is stable to make a website with 1.3.7
I'm well aware that 1.4.x line is a BETA version.. and, being a BETA the post was a request to see if the issue was only occurring with MY site or if OTHERS were also having problems with it. The only reason I was aware of it was one of my users left me a comment on my forum about it and that they could user other browsers to access it. I then confirmed said fact from my Windows desktop with the FireFox.

If you are wanting where you don't have (as many) issues, you need to stay with the Stable line (currently 1.3.x).

F

fireup6

Hey there! Thanks for the HTTP/2 support, I'm in the process of migrating from my apache2 server to see how much faster i can load with OpenLiteSpeed.

However, i do wish you guys would reconsider not adding push support. For landing pages with no php and just static content, being able to send all the data in one burst without waiting for the requests would dramatically improve performance. For people who are paying lots of PPC money to send visitors to these landing pages, load speed is absolutely critical.

lsmichael

Hi @fireup6,

Server push is something we'll be looking at in the future, but it's not something we're working on right now. Right now we're working to shore a lot of our internal functions and make sure the current HTTP/2 support is solid.Thanks for letting us know that it's important to you, though. This really helps us figure out where to go next.

Michael

lsmichael

Hi Luis,

If you're asking about how HTTP/2 support is doing right now, there are some bugs still, but we're working on improving it. It does support curl. We are working on getting it in line with the h2spec test right now.

Cheers,

Michael