OpenLiteSpeed and xCache

lsmichael

Moved this from another thread... (Post by Tracy Perry)

The biggest problem I'm having is I cannot get xCache to initialize to work with the forum (xenForo). I've got memcache up and running but no matter what parameters I use for xCache I get an error in my xenForo log.

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: XCache: Cannot init - Unknown:0
Generated By: Tracy, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(46) "http://twowheeldemon.com/forums/277/save-draft"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(13) {
["prefix_id"] => string(1) "0"
["title"] => string(15) "Forum home look"
["message_html"] => string(111) "<p>Do you like the new forum home look?</p><p>To crowded or should it go back to the old line by line list?</p>"
["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(49) "http://twowheeldemon.com/forums/277/create-thread"
["attachment_hash"] => string(32) "bf54faccfe08faf3b4d3f2e34d46d0ba"
["watch_thread_state"] => string(1) "1"
["discussion_open"] => string(1) "1"
["_set"] => array(2) {
["discussion_open"] => string(1) "1"
["sticky"] => string(1) "1"
}
["poll"] => array(3) {
["question"] => string(17) "Keep the new look"
["responses"] => array(3) {
[0] => string(3) "Yes"
[1] => string(2) "No"
[2] => string(20) "Doesn't matter to me"
}
["public_votes"] => string(1) "1"
}

lsmichael

The techs think this is a PHP issue, not an OpenLiteSpeed issue. You had xCache working with nginx and the same PHP? Can you give us phpinfo files for both setups to compare?

Michael

Tracy Perry

The techs think this is a PHP issue, not an OpenLiteSpeed issue. You had xCache working with nginx and the same PHP? Can you give us phpinfo files for both setups to compare?

Michael
Will do.. had to take OpenLiteSpeed offline due to having re-write problems.

Are you referring to the actual inf.php printout info or the php.ini from them. I run on a debian system and it's the default DOTDEB php install (currently 5.4.21).

lsmichael

Howdy,

OK. Bear with me. I'm not really familiar with Debian. But, yes, the inf.php printout. That will let you and us compare the PHP setups to make sure they're the same.

m

lsmichael

OK. It seems like we got this one sorted: the Memory Soft/Hard Limits again. These settings are in the WebAdmin console > Configuration > Security. You have to set them higher than your xCache size. We're going to set the default much higher in future builds to avoid this problem.

Hope this fixes the problem, Tracy...

Michael

lsmichael

Also, it wasn't me that figured this out. We've got a tech lurking around the forum. He should start posting in a day or two, once he's got a feel for the community. This should step up the speed of answers and make it a lot easier for everyone to get help.

m

OK. It seems like we got this one sorted: the Memory Soft/Hard Limits again. These settings are in the WebAdmin console > Configuration > Security. You have to set them higher than your xCache size. We're going to set the default much higher in future builds to avoid this problem.

Hope this fixes the problem, Tracy...

Michael
Was hoping it would... and kicked it WAY up above what I have defined (like 200% and 250%) and still am getting the errors. Have recompiled xCache (and PHP) with the latest sources in the OLS setup to pull what I am using in nginx.

how about the setting at WebAdmin console -> Configuration -> Server -> lsphp5 ->
Memory Soft Limit (bytes)
Memory Hard Limit (bytes)
?

how about the setting at WebAdmin console -> Configuration -> Server -> lsphp5 ->
Memory Soft Limit (bytes)
Memory Hard Limit (bytes)
?
Well, after I made the change to 2.5/2.0GB, now I can't log into the console.... I am just going to stick with nginx for now. OLS is adding way to much complexity to something that should be rather simple and with maintaining 4 servers, 7 forums and a few VPS's for some other folks (all while doing my normal stuff also) it's a layer that I just don't need right now. I'll come back and visit it when I have more time.

not sure if it's a bug relating to 2G limit.
try to change soft/hard limit to 1.7G/1.8G, may be OK
or change xCache's size lower to for example 32M(no need change soft/hard limit in this case), see if xcache will work first.
the soft/hard limit is required and useful in a shared hosting environment, to prevent a single account's bad php script to consume too many memory.

not sure if it's a bug relating to 2G limit.
try to change soft/hard limit to 1.7G/1.8G, may be OK
or change xCache's size lower to for example 32M(no need change soft/hard limit in this case), see if xcache will work first.
the soft/hard limit is required and useful in a shared hosting environment, to prevent a single account's bad php script to consume too many memory.
Will have to compile it again and install it. Had totally removed it from the system. May not be a bad idea to do that anyway. :)