As bad as I hate to

It looks like I'm going to have to go back to nginx on the servers. 1.3 OLS was broke, 1.3.1 has context borked and now I'm getting more display related problems on my forums (images failing to display correctly). Never had any problems iwth nginx and reliability is important for me right now.

lsmichael

Hi Tracy,

I'm really sorry to hear that. 1.3 (and 1.3.1) have been a pretty huge jump from 1.2 — integrating the new API and adding caching. This is why we've continued to call 1.2.9 the stable version. Possibly, though, we should have been more vocal about which version is the stable version, so that people would know what they're getting into. Would that have helped you?

Hope to have you back soon.

Cheers,

Michael

lsmichael

Hey Tracy,

The developers also have said that, if you're willing, they'd like to help fix the image problem you're having. They'd need to be able to log into your machine to troubleshoot, though.

Cheers,

Michael

Hi Tracy,

I'm really sorry to hear that. 1.3 (and 1.3.1) have been a pretty huge jump from 1.2 — integrating the new API and adding caching. This is why we've continued to call 1.2.9 the stable version. Possibly, though, we should have been more vocal about which version is the stable version, so that people would know what they're getting into. Would that have helped you?

Hope to have you back soon.

Cheers,

Michael
Yep... I assumed that 1.3.1 was the current stable version. I've already converted all three sites over to nginx already (my XenForo forums) and will probably just regress the others back to 1.2.9 as 1.3.1 did not really bring anything that I used forward. I just like keeping the most stable.

Suggestion - have it so that you can get a wget openlitespeed-stable.tgz and that way you can get the latest version for the stable release and then when stable is updated post here and in the google group that it's out.

lsmichael

I'm sorry there was confusion.

I will look into making a separate URL for the latest stable version. It's not going to be the top priority, but I'll make sure it gets on there. Until then, I'll be more careful about announcing which is stable and which is not. (It's listed here, but I can understand if people don't check that.) Unless someone finds a bug, the stable version will be 1.2.9 until 1.3.x is stable: http://open.litespeedtech.com/packages/openlitespeed-1.2.9.tgz

You did say before that you were having a problem with configs being overwritten in 1.2.9. We were unable to reproduce that issue in 1.2.9. If you can reproduce it on 1.2.9, we'd be interested (and would probably want to check out your setup because we can't reproduce it).

Michael

I'm sorry there was confusion.
No real problem.
You did say before that you were having a problem with configs being overwritten in 1.2.9. We were unable to reproduce that issue in 1.2.9. If you can reproduce it on 1.2.9, we'd be interested (and would probably want to check out your setup because we can't reproduce it).
When I get a chance I'll duplicate the setup on another VPS I create and see if it's doing the same thing. If so, I'll provide SSH logon details to you via a conversation to allow free access to it.