Update button on panel

P

pamamolf

Hello

It will be great if you add an Update button in the admin panel and we will be able to do easy upgrades when a new version is out !

Thank you

*How can i update to the new version now?

Last edited by a moderator:
It will be great if you add an Update button in the admin panel and we will be able to do easy upgrades when a new version is out !
I don't know about others, but that wouldn't work as I have to obtain the source, compile the source and install it. It could probably be done in a script, but I (personally) feel safer doing it manually in case there is an error during compile time.
*How can i update to the new version now?
Download the source version of the one you want, compile and install (if on Debian/Ubuntu) - or if on centOS simply update via yum (as long as you have added the repository).

P

pamamolf

Yes i am using the yum option but if i install the new version i will lost any files or configs?

Also the update buttons exist on litespeed and it is very easy to use and very easy to add :)

I don't know if the developers want to give this option for the free version....

lsmichael

Also the update buttons exist on litespeed and it is very easy to use and very easy to add :)
We beg to differ. :) It's not that easy to add. And especially when there's the yum option already, adding in version manager functionality seems les important than many other things.

And, no, using yum upgrade will not get rid of your configs.

m

lsmichael

Yup.

yum upgrade openlitespeed

Add the version number afterwards if you want to switch to a particular version as opposed to the latest version (for example: yum upgrade openlitespeed-1.2.9)