What is the best to use with AWS RDS (aurora or MariaDB)

I am using Cyber Panel assuming now difference in OLS
as far as I know that OLS using Maria DB.
and I am trying to figure AWS RDS https://aws.amazon.com/getting-started/projects/deploy-wordpress-with-amazon-rds/2/
which is a mix and improvement of MySQL and PostgreSQL. please keep n mind that Mariadb is also available. but I am thinking to use Aurora, some user confirming its better than MaraiDB
the question is:
can I use amazon Aurora or I must use mariaD ?
Thank you

Pong

Administrator
Cyberpanel will pick the database for itself. You can not make change since it is built into the installation script.

Without cyberpanel, if you just want to setup everything from scrach, you can choose your own database. OLS is just web server. As far as you setup PHP module correctly to talk to the database, you can install any database you want.

Cyberpanel will pick the database for itself. You can not make change since it is built into the installation script.

Without cyberpanel, if you just want to setup everything from scrach, you can choose your own database. OLS is just web server. As far as you setup PHP module correctly to talk to the database, you can install any database you want.
As Far as I understand that database of cyber panel and Ols is different than that should be setup on RDS.
They 2 different DB.
in this case I chose whatever date base on Aws Rds.
do I understand you correctly?

lvnt

@soliman18reg I'm also evaluating CyberPanel on AWS before switching it over to GCP production server. As you are aware of, if you are in the free tier of AWS a MariaDB wouldn't cost anyth,ng. On the other hand, Aurora is more efficient and faster

Since you said your new website will be under heavy loads and asked for "the best use with AWS RDS";

I'll suggest you a plugin called HyperDB. With this plugin you will start to use your EC2 Instance database and RDS in conjunction/together
Together they will start benefiting your website as read-write (as in master-slave replica).

So your newly built website would become much harder and faster even under heavy loads as you wanted

I thought instead of "directing a help seeker to setups" giving a real-life address would be more propiate.
King regards