1.4.11 Released, Nearly Stable!

lsfoo

Administrator
Hi Everyone,

OpenLiteSpeed 1.4.11 is now released! This version supports PHP 7 Beta 1, so if you're looking to get your hands on the newest PHP 7 release, try it out here! This update also contains additional bug fixes and improved code.

As always, if possible, please consider trying out this branch. The more people we have using 1.4.x, the more confident we can be that this release is ready to be designated as stable.

Cheers,
Kevin

lsfoo

Administrator
An update:

A bug was found that may cause a crash when trying to access a page through HTTPS. This was patched just now, so if you already downloaded the tar, please update it again to get rid of this issue.

lsfoo

Administrator
Hi Tomaž,

When we feel comfortable enough to designate the 1.4.x branch stable, it will be on the repos.

Hope this helps,
Kevin

Zeokat

When will be 1.4.x stable ready? Any fixed date?

i want to change one of my small servers to Openlitespeed and start working with this server in depth.

Thanks in advance.

lsfoo

Administrator
Hi Zeokat,

Firstly, my apologies for such a late response.

As it stands, we are working hard to get everything stable. We have done some internal refactoring to improve the product, and are still looking for issues with various areas in the code.

Unfortunately, we do not have a timetable yet for when the 1.4.x branch will be marked stable, but be assured that we are working hard to make it the best product available.

Is there a specific feature you are looking forward to using in 1.4.x?

Best Regards,
Kevin

Zeokat

Hi Zeokat,

Firstly, my apologies for such a late response.

As it stands, we are working hard to get everything stable. We have done some internal refactoring to improve the product, and are still looking for issues with various areas in the code.

Unfortunately, we do not have a timetable yet for when the 1.4.x branch will be marked stable, but be assured that we are working hard to make it the best product available.

Is there a specific feature you are looking forward to using in 1.4.x?

Best Regards,
Kevin
The unique feature that i´m looking at the moment is work with something available in CentOS repos. I prefer work with repos, because needs less time to install/update, time is gold, and not want to manually update everytime. My first advice is try to provide repo for beta versions, i´m sure that this point is the key to ge more people involved.

At the moment its all, then i will start using it and dig on OLT functionality and i´m sure that more ideas arrive.

lsfoo

Administrator
Hi Zeokat,

Thanks for the feedback! I'll be sure to pass it up to see what they think. It is definitely an idea that we've discussed before, so it is a possibility.

We always welcome suggestions, so as more ideas arrive, be sure to let us know!

Cheers,
Kevin