Accessible No at context level allows to get files from the non accessible folder

kvv213

Hello Everyone!

I'm new in OLS and would like to migrate to it from Apache. And I faced a problem how to close an entire directory from access from the internet. The directory is inside html pages and is required for working of other services.

In Apache I can close a dir with all files in it with just two lines in .htaccess:
Order allow,deny
Deny from all

In OLS we don't have such a thing. But we can organize a context that points to this dir and make it is not accessible:
1668288324645.png

In that case I can't get access to this dir from web. But I can get access to the files in that dir if I know their names. This is a strange behaviour.

According to a documentation I can also use Rewrite. But I don't understand how to form in in a correct way.

kvv213

What about adding a .htaccess file with the following rule under the .sync folder.
Code:
RewriteRule .* - [F,L]
Yes, that worked well.

Mine problem was in two things:
1. I was trying to make redirects not at the folder level in .htaccess but at VirtualHost level and that didn't work.
2. The browser I used somehow cashed a test file I used to check the accessibility so it always was available.

Anyway the thing with Static Context Accessible is till a mystery.

Cold-Egg

Administrator
1. Need more information about how you do the redirect via virtual host level so we can help.
2. Maybe a browser cache, just clean up the data, or test it via an incognito browser.

The context works with my test, files also got a 403 return, but if you test a file under another folder, then it may not match the context rule.
Expect result
/.sync/abc/test.txt = 200
/.sync/test.txt = 403

kvv213

1. Need more information about how you do the redirect via virtual host level so we can help.
2. Maybe a browser cache, just clean up the data, or test it via an incognito browser.

The context works with my test, files also got a 403 return, but if you test a file under another folder, then it may not match the context rule.
Expect result
/.sync/abc/test.txt = 200
/.sync/test.txt = 403
As to redirects via RewriteRule - the problem was in the browser cache. So not it works well.

Regarding to access via Context I can't confirm your results. I used Example site:
/html/blocked/file.txt 403
/html/blocked/t/file.txt 403

Anyway this works as it was expected. The behaviour when I could get a file from a blocked directory is again browser cache. I think.