Fixed Admin credentials

I forgot to post this last time, but I've run into this issue a few times now. Each time I upgrade to a new version my admin user is reset back to the default admin credentials, which is pretty bad security wise. It might have to do with my changing the user though. Instead of "admin" I changed it to another username. Anyone run into the same problem? Not sure if I managed to mess up when compiling.

lsmichael

Oh, I see.

Let me get this right, though: You updated LSWS Standard Edition 4.2.4 to OpenLiteSpeed? We've never tried that (though it's certainly a logical step to take). How did you do it? Did you run yum update or yum install or just do it yourself?

m

lsmichael

OK. To the replication booth!

(And you meant 4.2.4, right? Unless you somehow got a prerelease, no one should have 4.2.5 yet. I don't even have 4.2.5.)

lsmichael

D'oh! I knew I should have checked with the tech team before I said that. I was wondering why I kept hearing about 4.2.5 even though we hadn't released it...

lsmichael

Well, you got further than we did. When I tried to reproduce this (first by myself, then with members of the tech team) we can't even get the WebAdmin console to work with OpenLiteSpeed (working from Standard config files). So, the important message to take home is: switching directly from Standard to OpenLiteSpeed is not yet supported. (Yes, I realize the irony of this. We will make it supported.)

So, tell me more about your setup: You're not using Apache configs, I assume? Were you using HTTPS for the WebAdmin with Standard? Did you stop Standard before installing OpenLiteSpeed? Did you have sites that were running on Standard? How did they fare after the switch?

I wish I could do more than "like" your post. I can't believe we overlooked this.

Michael