argon2 - how to meet that requirement?

AGNF

Hi,

as I am trying to get a TYPO3 installation converted from Apache to OpenLitespeed I ran into a challenge: I can't log into the backend because TYPO3 requires PHP with Argon2 enabled.

Is there a PHP package with PHP7.2 or higher that has Argon2 enabled and is usable for OpenLitespeed?

Cheers
Andreas

AGNF

as you pointed out indirectly, I haven't provided a lot of base information. We are indeed using Debian 9 at the moment and run OpenLitespeed with lsphp.

As I don't want to compile my own version of PHP, is there a chance that Argon2 will make it into the pre-compiled package of lsphp in the near future? Or is there a way to drop a feature request for this?

lskagan

Administrator
Hi AGNF,

Unfortunately Debian 9 does not come with a new enough libargon2 package to build LSPHP with that will support mass installations. Since it is built in directly to the main PHP binary enabling libargon2 support would require a package that does not exist causing installs to fail. We have been looking into alternative solutions but at this time do not have one. Currently we support Sodium on Debian 9 without Argon 2 support and Debian 10 supports Sodium with Argon 2 support.

AGNF

Thanks for the inside. Eventually, we'll switch over to Deb10 for our servers. I'll check this aspect out then again.

Case closed :)
Andreas