Cannot create new virtual host

Hi,

A few days ago I've installed OLS and added few virtual hosts by a template and then instantiated them, added Letsencrypt and everything worked fine.

Today, I'm trying to add one more VH without any success. I got no errors, a graceful restart was successful. Unfortunately, the VH is not running. There is just a small red circle next to the VH that shows its not running. No way to start it.

Everything is correct, directories were created (for web document root, cgi-bin as well as logs) also permissions are the same as before owner -> nobody:nogroup. I've tried to create VH directly without template with no luck. Same result.

Any suggestion?

Attachments

lsfoo

Administrator
Hi @ckissi

If you enable debug logging at the server level (debugLevel set to 10) and restart, look in the log for when it's parsing the configuration. Does it say anything is incorrect?

Cheers,
Kevin

Hi,

WTH, I've enabled debug on server level with high debug level, made graceful restart and it started to work. Any idea why ?

lsfoo

Administrator
No idea! My only guess is that the graceful restart didn't actually restart. If you disable debug logging again, does it still work?

Yes, it works after disabling debug. I've tried to restart server from command line and it works. Now having different issues with PHP 70 included in the install as Laravel PHP framework doesn't work with it :(

lsfoo

Administrator
We were definitely able to get Laravel working (pretty sure we tested 7.0, but not 100% on that). Do you see any errors from the framework? How is it not working?

I'm on Laravel 5.4 with PHP 70 installed with your one click bash installer (OLS + PHP 70). Exception I'm getting: Exception in Str.php line 241:Could not gather sufficient random data

lskagan

Administrator
Another question:

What is your server environment? VPS? Dedicated? Cloud?
If Cloud or VPS who is your provider?

There have been some reports with this Laravel issue on a couple cloud and vps provider so we would like to narrow things down as much as possible.

The provider is Time4vps.eu It's a 1GB VPS running Ubuntu 16.04.

I created this VH from vhost template and then instantiated it.

lsfoo

Administrator
So we were able to get Laravel working in our internal lab.

From googling around, it looks like it may be something to do with the server environment? Please check with your server host to see if he/she can resolve that issue.

So we were able to get Laravel working in our internal lab.

From googling around, it looks like it may be something to do with the server environment? Please check with your server host to see if he/she can resolve that issue.
Can you tell me what type and version of OS did you use? And what version of PHP ?