Could not chown to lsadm:{PHP_USERGROUP}

I

idawgik

Hello,

I'm attempting to compile PHP 5.5.21 on a CentOS 7 box using OpenLitespeed 1.4.4.

At the end of the compliation process, it errors out with the following error:

**ERROR** Could not chown to lsadm:{PHP_USERGROUP} for direcotry /usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.5.21

I've never seen this error on other servers before and couldn't find anything searching around.

Debian Wheezy VPS... and makes it rather hard to install for ya'll to test out the other problem I was having.

Code:
**MAIN_STATUS** retrieved from /usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/buildphp_1423885569.7.progress
Start building PHP 5.6.5 with LSAPI
Configuring PHP build (2-3 minutes)
Compiling PHP (5-10 minutes)
Installing PHP
copy compiled php binary to litespeed directory
**ERROR** Could not chown to lsadm:{PHP_USERGROUP} for direcotry /usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.6.5
Code:
Installing PEAR environment:      /usr/local/lsws/lsphp5/lib/php/
[PEAR] Archive_Tar    - already installed: 1.3.12
[PEAR] Console_Getopt - already installed: 1.3.1
[PEAR] Structures_Graph- already installed: 1.0.4
[PEAR] XML_Util       - already installed: 1.2.3
[PEAR] PEAR           - already installed: 1.9.5
Wrote PEAR system config file at: /usr/local/lsws/lsphp5/etc/pear.conf
You may want to add: /usr/local/lsws/lsphp5/lib/php to your php.ini include_path
/usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.6.5/build/shtool install -c ext/phar/phar.phar /usr/local/lsws/lsphp5/bin
ln -s -f /usr/local/lsws/lsphp5/bin/phar.phar /usr/local/lsws/lsphp5/bin/phar
Installing PDO headers:          /usr/local/lsws/lsphp5/include/php/ext/pdo/
copy compiled php binary to litespeed directory
cd /usr/local/lsws//fcgi-bin
ln -sf lsphp-5.6.5 lsphp5
chown: invalid group: `lsadm:{PHP_USERGROUP}'
**ERROR** Could not chown to lsadm:{PHP_USERGROUP} for direcotry /usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.6.5

lsmichael

Howdy Tracy,

Hmmm... Yes, that is an issue. It's fixed in 1.3.7, but apparently not in 1.4.4 yet. The fix will be in 1.4.5, but obviously we don't want to wait for that (if we don't have to). We've just updated the GitHub repository with the fix just now. Could you get the source from there?

m

Howdy Tracy,

Hmmm... Yes, that is an issue. It's fixed in 1.3.7, but apparently not in 1.4.4 yet. The fix will be in 1.4.5, but obviously we don't want to wait for that (if we don't have to). We've just updated the GitHub repository with the fix just now. Could you get the source from there?
It will be a day or so before I can. Been rather busy with a EMR conversion at a local physicians office.

lsmichael

That's cool. It looks like we're actually going to push out 1.4.5 sometime this week. We found a HTTP/2 bug (that was somewhat related to the SPDY image upload bug reported elsewhere) and we want to make sure the HTTP/2 support is as complete as possible. So, if you want, you can just wait for 1.4.5 instead of updating from GitHub.

m