Curl issue on Debian and Ubuntu in 1Click install

hello,

I've tried 1click install with bash script on Ubuntu 14.04, 16.04 as well as Debian 8 and I was unable to get Curl working.
One of the plugins in WP is using curl, unfortunately, PHP versions were compiled with shared curl. I read suggestions to use apt-get install php-curl to install it so I've installed it, but it still doesn't work.
I always got error message: undefined function curl_init().

On Centos 6.8 it works OK.

lsfoo

Administrator
So if I'm understanding you correctly, there is an issue with 1 click install on Ubuntu/Debian where the lsphp package does not work with curl?

Yes, if you run PHP scripts where curl PHP functions are used you'll get the error message that curl_init() is an undefined function. There was also no dedicated section for CURL in phpinfo() listing.

lsfoo

Administrator
We have some issues with a few Debian packages, so we'll add curl to the list to check. If everything is working on CentOS, it's probably better to stick to that for now. Hopefully the Debian packages will be fixed soon.

Hi did this ever get resolved? Php is built with curl, but cannot use it with my Wordpress site it is showing undefined like above.

lsfoo

Administrator
Hi @jivy26

Ols1click will not include all the packages automatically. Running the following command should grab curl for you:
Code:
apt-get install lsphpXX-curl
Replacing XX with php version.

Cheers,
Kevin

I have done this but still get cURL is not installed . it should be installed for "Wordpress Pinterest Automatic" to work !

Even did a restart of LiteSpeed and it is not loading. I am trying to rebuilt PHP with curl but there are sooo many damned errors and packages not installed it has taken hours and I still cant get a full build to run through.

lsfoo

Administrator
Could you send us your phpinfo output? You can send it to me via conversation if you'd rather the information not be public.

lsfoo

Administrator
Hi @jivy26

Apologies for the delay.

Please run the following command:

Code:
dpkg -l | grep lsphp
and see if lsphp70-curl is listed. If it is, try restarting the server again to see if it picks up the package.

If it's not listed, then it's not installed, maybe see if the apt-get command resulted in an error?

Cheers,
Kevin

Sorry for the delay I ran this and output shows curl.
Code:
ii  lsphp71                            7.1.8-1+xenial                             amd64        server-side, HTML-embedded scripting language (LSAPI binary)
ii  lsphp71-common                     7.1.8-1+xenial                             all          Common files for packages built from the PHP source
ii  lsphp71-curl                       7.1.8-1+xenial                             amd64        CURL module for PHP
ii  lsphp71-imap                       7.1.8-1+xenial                             amd64        IMAP module for PHP
ii  lsphp71-json                       7.1.8-1+xenial                             amd64        JSON module for PHP
ii  lsphp71-mysql                      7.1.8-1+xenial                             amd64        MySQL module for PHP
ii  lsphp71-opcache                    7.1.8-1+xenial                             amd64        Zend OpCache module for PHP

lsfoo

Administrator
Hi @jivy26

Please check the vhost's configurations to make sure you're using the correct PHP version. The PHPInfo you sent is using
PHP Version 7.0.22-1+xenial

The output above is for lsphp71.