Having WordPress website setup using the 1click script keeps hanging (have to reboot)

We have several AWS Lightsail VMs on Ubuntu 20.04 and installing WordPress using the 1 click script for OLS. The site runs fine but every couple of days or randomly will hang requiring a restart of services or reboot. If there are any ideas or areas to investigate, I would appreciate that. Any experts that can help for pay, would be welcome too.
Thanks.

Hi there, thanks for the reply. All of the instances are running through Cloudflare so the end uses get the "origin" is not reachable error (502 I believe). At that time we reboot the instance. I don't have any logs saved from before the reboot. In one of the case I remember logs showing Reached max children process limit error. Which I did increase the 'LSAPI_CHILDREN' variable but in other instances, it wasn't the case. Are there things to capture when it happens again? Any settings I can set now to get more details in logs?

Thanks in advance,
Mukesh

Cold-Egg

Administrator
When the issue happens again, please run
"top" command and share the output here
also, "ps aux | grep lsphp | wc -l" to calculate the lsphp process numbers.

before reboot, try "killall lsphp" and see if it helps to fix the hang

Thanks. I'll try to post the info you requested. Currently when I run the ps aux command it shows: 4. Is that number supposed to correspond to any of the settings like LSAPI_CHILDREN in the Admin?

Also I was assuming settings like " Auto Fix 503 Error " or " Graceful Restart Timeout " settings will restart the processes if it is down. If not, is there any setting like that available that can restart LSWS if it is down?

Thanks.
Mukesh

Cold-Egg

Administrator
Yes, and LSAPI_CHILDREN means the limit. Those are PHP, not really web server related, that's why I asked you to killall lsphp processes.