How to fine tune the server settings for 1gig of memory?

Hi Team,

I am back again to learn OLS servers, last time I had to move away because of high TTFB and slow admin panel. This time I am here to learn and explore the best I can achieve out of 1 gig of intel cpu on Digital Ocean with OLS Wordpress image. AIM: To run an e-commerce portal using woocomerce. I have noticed that the instance running OLS installation is a little slow at the admin end. I am suspecting the server is not fine tuned. Can some one help me with best lsapi-environment-variables for a 1gig of RAM and what changes one would have to make for 2 gig or RAM?

Code:
Server architecture
Linux 5.4.0-96-generic x86_64

Web server
LiteSpeed

PHP version
8.0.17 (Supports 64bit values)

PHP SAPI
litespeed

PHP max input variables

PHP time limit

PHP memory limit
256M

Max input time

Upload max filesize
64M

PHP post max size
64M

cURL version
7.68.0 OpenSSL/1.1.1f

Is SUHOSIN installed?
No

Is the Imagick library available?
Yes

Are pretty permalinks supported?
Yes

.htaccess rules
Custom rules have been added to your .htaccess file.
Example: Hitting wp-admin/options-general.php has following timings with 0 traffic on website.

1650056450770.png

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Cold-Egg

Administrator
Hi,

wp-admin is not cacheable. Also, to increase the PHP performance, it may be no help to increase the parameter that you listed.

Server original PHP value should be good enough,
Code:
  maxConns                10
  env                     PHP_LSAPI_CHILDREN=10
  env                     LSAPI_AVOID_FORK=200M
  memSoftLimit            2047M
  memHardLimit            2047M
  procSoftLimit           1400
  procHardLimit           1500
You can increase the above parameters' value once your server has more CPU and memory.

Hi,

wp-admin is not cacheable. Also, to increase the PHP performance, it may be no help to increase the parameter that you listed.

Server original PHP value should be good enough,
Code:
  maxConns                10
  env                     PHP_LSAPI_CHILDREN=10
  env                     LSAPI_AVOID_FORK=200M
  memSoftLimit            2047M
  memHardLimit            2047M
  procSoftLimit           1400
  procHardLimit           1500
You can increase the above parameters' value once your server has more CPU and memory.
Thanks but this server has 1 gig of RAM and 2 gig of SWAP (swap was created via normal flow not sure if OLS needs to be configured). Not able to understand the nomenclature being used here for config, any guide for this?