How to update my django app after code changes - so that it is quickly seen in browser

pg_86

Hey team, I just started using OLS Django machine image on GCP, and I find it really awesome, thanks for open-sourcing such a powerful resource.

I am new to web app development, so please forgive me if my questions are obvious to some of you. However, I did a fair amount of google research before posting this thread, so I feel I am excused.

My question is following: How can I quickly see changes I make to my code in the web app? Right now it takes forever (and more worryingly: random) amount of time for my code changes to be reflected in web-app, even when I refresh my browser or go into incognito mode.

Quick description:
- I am using https://docs.litespeedtech.com/cloud/images/django/ on Google Cloud Platform
- I have managed to connect DNS properly to "my_domain.com" (this is just an example, I don't want to expose my real domain), so when i put www.my_domain.com, I see "Hello, world!" as expected
- I want to change the text in the demo app:

change from
Code:
def index(request):
    return HttpResponse("Hello, world!")
into

Code:
def index(request):
    return HttpResponse("Hello, everyone!")
It does happen, but I have to wait a a very long time, and often this time varies between different changes I make. Obviously, this is not ideal for development, as I would like to see changes immediately.

What would be a solution for that? Any help will be greatly appreciated.