Is Fedora working?

Discussion in 'Linux Support: RHEL, CentOS, SUSE etc' started by enthess, Sep 4, 2018.

1. enthess

enthess Member

I am using fedora 28 on my desktop and i really want to start with some simple web-project there.

I dont want to use good ol apache, i really like ols. But it doesnt seem to be working with Fedora?

2. Pong

Pong Administrator

What problem are you experiencing? Can you share a little bit more about commands you run and error you experienced? We don't normally test on fedora, but it normally should be similar to CentOS.

3. enthess

enthess Member

Nothing in particular, I didnt try to build it from source.
    I tried to add the repos but it failed.

I am pretty much asking for any guidelines if you or anyone else has properly set it up.

And yes, it is quite similar to centos/rhel so, it shouldnt be impossible :D

4. Pong

Pong Administrator

maybe list details what you did and how it failed. without such information, we don't know where you were stacked.

5. enthess

enthess Member

rpm -ivh litespeed repo... then i gave up xD

When trying to build, i got this error during "make"

In file included from iptogeo.cpp:19:
    iptogeo.h:26:10: fatal error: GeoIP.h: No such file or directory
    #include "GeoIP.h"
    ^~~~~~~~~​

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  6. Pong

Pong Administrator

the repo is not for Fedora 28.
    but you should be able to install from source code.

looks like your server missing geoip-dev package. Did you miss something from this wiki?
    https://openlitespeed.org/kb/installation-from-source-code/

such as:
    yum install gcc gcc-c++ make autoconf glibc rcs
    yum install pcre-devel openssl-devel expat-devel geoip-devel zlib-devel udns-devel

I run a installation test on fedora 28 by following the above wiki and OLS was installed successfully and is running without any problem.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  7. enthess

enthess Member

This seems to be working yes.

Fedora runs natively php 7.2
    And even if i ran ./configure --with-lsphp7 , it still installed lsphp5 and now i am compiling lsphp7 from OLS admin (works beautifully).
    But it would be nice if "--with-lsphp7" worked out of scratch.