Is OpenLiteSpeed really open source?

W

Webspeed

I am trying to determine whether this is really free and opensource (sorry, I don't trust the people behind Litespeed, they have a shady marketing history, spamming webmasters forums and spreading FUD everywhere, they must have been really desperate to go open source), and I see these words:

Licensing
OpenLiteSpeed is available under two different licenses. Users willing to abide by the GPLv3 are welcome to download, use, distribute, and modify OpenLiteSpeed and its source code. Companies or individuals who wish to use OpenLiteSpeed in a proprietary product can contact LiteSpeed Technologies about obtaining an OEM license.

LiteSpeed Enterprise Edition provides some features above and beyond OpenLiteSpeed: hosting control panel compatibility, .htaccess file compatibility, mod_security compatibility, and page caching.
What is the definition of "proprietary product"? Do you have to distribute the source of your website to use OpenLiteSpeed?

Also, I see that the opensource version does not read Apache .htaccess (which is the key attraction for LiteSpeed in general), is it also capped to no more than 150 concurrent connections like the trial Litespeed?

Slavik

Administrator
What is the definition of "proprietary product"? Do you have to distribute the source of your website to use OpenLiteSpeed?

Also, I see that the opensource version does not read Apache .htaccess (which is the key attraction for LiteSpeed in general), is it also capped to no more than 150 concurrent connections like the trial Litespeed?
A proprietary product in this sence would mean altering OLS and then bunding it as your own in a package.

And no connection limit.