issues with htaccess redirects on runcloud

We're having some weird issues with 301 htaccess redirects on one specific runcloud litespeed server. Usually it would take a couple of hours before they'd begin working (assuming due to some sort of cache or something), but this time we've been working at it all day and the redirects still aren't working. They're all at the top of our htaccess. We've tried multiple formats, cleared wp litespeed plugin cache, rebuilt web app config, multiple versions of PHP, etc. We tried the same rules on other litespeed webapps and they work, but not on this one webapp.

An example of what we're trying to use:
Code:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^wp-content/uploads/2021/08/filename.png https://domain.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/newfilename.png [L,R=301]
I can get the rules to work correctly in my local dev environment, but when I try them on production they just don't work.

I'm sure I'm leaving something out, so let me know and I'll include whatever I need.

Thanks!

I apologize in advance for any silly questions, I'm a litespeed noob, but I'm trying to learn :D

I didn't realize that rewrite logging was even a thing that could happen, so that was neat to learn. It looks like runcloud doesn't have it enabled by default, though (at least as far as I can tell), so I'm trying to figure out how to enable it. It looks like we can enable it in the web admin or apache vhost file... but runcloud doesn't have a web admin for litespeed (at least not the same admin that I see in screenshots that has all the litespeed settings). Runcloud also doesn't use apache for their litespeed servers, so I've been trying to use the litespeed config that we have available to get settings going... but I can't even get anything to show in the log file that it says it should be using, so I'm at a loss.