Just my opinion

Zeokat

I read about OpenLiteSpeed at a Webmasters forum and was excited at first thinkings.
Ccurrently i had no chances to test it but after read some articles available by webserver authors i´m not sure about this project.

The first thing that shocked me was not support .htaccess files, that is like to say "Hello WordPress users this webserver isn´t for you". Nowadays WordPress need .htaccess yes or YES, not only for SEO friendly URLs rewrite rules are used with caching plugins aswell.

In the past i tryed Nginx with a WordPress install, and found same problem no .htaccess support, i have to rewrite every rule to nginx syntax. Another solution famous into the web is put Nginx installation in front of Apache installation with this we have .htaccess full support but is like "kill flies with cannons".

If i choose OpenLiteSpeed is because it´s faster and needs less resources than others webservers, at the moment there is no reviews about this server and cpu usage, ram ysage, etc... while the server is stressed.

At the moment the user has no information about it, but no .htaccess support add tons of fear, ¿Learn .htaccess yntax of Litespeed? no, sorry... nginx is more mature project to learn a new sintax.

I hope and will continue writing here after i run some tests after stress this server and compare with other solutions. (y)

I think people interchange .htaccess with rewrite rules, but they are not the same. The actual .htaccess file is not supported out of the box, but you can still copy and paste your rewrite rules into the section that is provided in the admin CP. I already did this and it's working, so if you do the same you can use SEO friendly URLs.

Zeokat

Yeah i know that .htaccess give the user more options like change php config parameters, block ip ranges and large etc...

Then... the admin control panel provides a place to use all .htaccess functionality or only rewrite rules?

Slavik

Administrator
Yeah i know that .htaccess give the user more options like change php config parameters, block ip ranges and large etc...

Then... the admin control panel provides a place to use all .htaccess functionality or only rewrite rules?
The admin panel on OpenLiteSpeed allows you to manage almost everything you would put into a .htaccess file. Actual rewrites themselves you can just copy 1 for 1 into the rewrite section, and I think this is something a lot of people don't understand about OpenLiteSpeed that adding your rewrites only takes 10 seconds to do!

Individual php settings are a little trickier, but you define an individual php.ini for the website in question.

D

Danielx64

Hmmm I may take a look at this then, at lease one can use the re-write rules and do file blocking, something that phpBB does (for their include folder).

O

OC2PS

Yeah, and remember to copy paste the rewrite rules every time you install a plugin or update WordPress or any of the plugins :sick: