Linux versions that support lsphp70

I currently have a HyperV local development server running CentOS 7 with OpenLiteSpeed set up for lsphp versions 70 to 82. I am supporting some legacy code that will not (currently) run on anything above PHP 7.0, hence this requirement.

I am looking to rebuild this on a physical machine (which will also be used as a NAS and media server).

I am aware that CentOS 7 goes EOL this year. When I built this originally I tried AlmaLinux 8 first but it was not possible to install lsphp7x on this (I think the lowest was lsphp81) but I cannot remember exactly what the problem was now.

Because this is only a local development server, only accessible on my network and not accessible from the internet, I am not that bothered about using an unsupported Linux version. However I am wondering if there is a supported version of Debian or something that lsphp70 can be used with. Or if lsphp70 should install and work on AlmaLimux 8 and even AlmaLinux 9, and I was doing something wrong.

Thank you.

Ubuntu 18.04 sounds like a good option although it is still only supported until 2023. So I'm not sure whether there is any advantage over CentOS 7 (it will probably come down to whichever is easier to install on my hardware).

I would certainly prefer not to have to attempt custom builds as I don't have any real experience of that.

I will update once I have had a chance to try this. Thank you.

Last edited:
I decided to stick with CentOS 7 in the end. Although lsphp70 is available in Ubuntu 18.04, several other parts such as lsphp70-gd and lsphp70-xml aren't, whereas they are for CentOS 7. Indeed even versions down to lsphp53 are available.

I did have a couple of issues with CentOS 7 on the hardware I'm using but that's not relevant here. I have another issue with it redirecting to https and failing but I'll start a new thread for that.

Thank you for your help.