lsphp-curl

Hi,

Seems the latest php update came without TLS-SRP ...

In Wordpress when trying to update a plugin I get the following error:
Update Failed: Download failed. cURL error 77

Another problem we started to experience is curl authentification with braintreepayments ... was working fine before. That problem is again caused by missing TLS-SRP.

Could you please take a look at it?

edhaas

I had the same problem. Strangely triggered by either a Wordpress update or an update to lsphp74. (I reverted back and tested each) I was not sure if it was a Wordpress issue or an OLS issue. Doesn't seem to be that common or else more people than you and I would be reporting it. I was running Debian 10 with OLS 1.71 and lsphp74. Workaround was building a vps with Ubuntu 18.04, repo versions of OLS 1.6, and lsphp73, and transferring database and site data over. Not cutting-edge, but so far its working.

laur

The surprise came after upgrading to last version. Hope will come a fix asap, let my wordpress without updates for plugins.
LS Version:
LiteSpeed/1.6.14 Open
module versions:
modgzip 1.1
cache 1.62
modinspector 1.1
uploadprogress 1.1
mod_security 1.3
(built: Thu Jun 18 15:04:04 UTC 2020)
module versions:
modgzip 1.1
cache 1.62
modinspector 1.1
uploadprogress 1.1
mod_security 1.3

Last edited:
I have exactly same issue, any workarounds besides making new server?

OpenLiteSpeed 1.6.14
lsphp7.4.6

Actualy I tried switching all php versions I have installed 7.2, 7.3 and 7.4, problem remains everywhere...

Last edited:
I will tell you exactly what the problem is.

For some reason OLS started to compile the phps with:

SSL Version NSS/3.42.1

instead of

SSL Version OpenSSL/1.1.1d

NSS is causing certificate issues.

I will tell you exactly what the problem is.

For some reason OLS started to compile the phps with:

SSL Version NSS/3.42.1

instead of

SSL Version OpenSSL/1.1.1d

NSS is causing certificate issues.
Ok that's good to know, but what can we do to fix this? Maybe some wordpress fix is needed?

compile from source ... but I am not going to do that;
waiting for the precompiled lsphp-curl .. hopefully it will be fixed soon as my wordpress is almost 2 weeks without update

compile from source ... but I am not going to do that;
waiting for the precompiled lsphp-curl .. hopefully it will be fixed soon as my wordpress is almost 2 weeks without update
I see that NSS/3.42.1 is pretty out of date. If you do re-build please leave some hints on where to make the changes in the source code and build instructions. Thanks.

ok, simple workaround:

do regular installation, but leave out lsphp74-curl

build the extension from source:

- first of all, install dependencies: curl, libcurl4-openssl-dev, openssl, libssl-dev (if you'll need more, you'll get notified)

wget https://www.php.net/distributions/php-7.4.6.tar.gz && \
tar -xf php-7.4.6.tar.gz && \
cd php-7.4.6/ext/curl && \
/usr/local/lsws/lsphp74/bin/phpize && \
./configure '--with-php-config=/usr/local/lsws/lsphp74/bin/php-config' '--with-curl=/usr/bin' && \
make && \
make install && \
echo 'extension=curl.so' >> /usr/local/lsws/lsphp74/etc/php/7.4/litespeed/php.ini && \
echo 'extension=curl.so' >> /usr/local/lsws/lsphp74/etc/php/7.4/litespeed/php-cli.ini

restart and done