lsphp-curl

Hi,

Seems the latest php update came without TLS-SRP ...

In Wordpress when trying to update a plugin I get the following error:
Update Failed: Download failed. cURL error 77

Another problem we started to experience is curl authentification with braintreepayments ... was working fine before. That problem is again caused by missing TLS-SRP.

Could you please take a look at it?

edhaas

I had the same problem. Strangely triggered by either a Wordpress update or an update to lsphp74. (I reverted back and tested each) I was not sure if it was a Wordpress issue or an OLS issue. Doesn't seem to be that common or else more people than you and I would be reporting it. I was running Debian 10 with OLS 1.71 and lsphp74. Workaround was building a vps with Ubuntu 18.04, repo versions of OLS 1.6, and lsphp73, and transferring database and site data over. Not cutting-edge, but so far its working.

laur

The surprise came after upgrading to last version. Hope will come a fix asap, let my wordpress without updates for plugins.
LS Version:
LiteSpeed/1.6.14 Open
module versions:
modgzip 1.1
cache 1.62
modinspector 1.1
uploadprogress 1.1
mod_security 1.3
(built: Thu Jun 18 15:04:04 UTC 2020)
module versions:
modgzip 1.1
cache 1.62
modinspector 1.1
uploadprogress 1.1
mod_security 1.3

Last edited:
I have exactly same issue, any workarounds besides making new server?

OpenLiteSpeed 1.6.14
lsphp7.4.6

Actualy I tried switching all php versions I have installed 7.2, 7.3 and 7.4, problem remains everywhere...

Last edited:
I will tell you exactly what the problem is.

For some reason OLS started to compile the phps with:

SSL Version NSS/3.42.1

instead of

SSL Version OpenSSL/1.1.1d

NSS is causing certificate issues.

I will tell you exactly what the problem is.

For some reason OLS started to compile the phps with:

SSL Version NSS/3.42.1

instead of

SSL Version OpenSSL/1.1.1d

NSS is causing certificate issues.
Ok that's good to know, but what can we do to fix this? Maybe some wordpress fix is needed?

compile from source ... but I am not going to do that;
waiting for the precompiled lsphp-curl .. hopefully it will be fixed soon as my wordpress is almost 2 weeks without update

edhaas

compile from source ... but I am not going to do that;
waiting for the precompiled lsphp-curl .. hopefully it will be fixed soon as my wordpress is almost 2 weeks without update
I see that NSS/3.42.1 is pretty out of date. If you do re-build please leave some hints on where to make the changes in the source code and build instructions. Thanks.

ok, simple workaround:

do regular installation, but leave out lsphp74-curl

build the extension from source:

- first of all, install dependencies: curl, libcurl4-openssl-dev, openssl, libssl-dev (if you'll need more, you'll get notified)

wget https://www.php.net/distributions/php-7.4.6.tar.gz && \
tar -xf php-7.4.6.tar.gz && \
cd php-7.4.6/ext/curl && \
/usr/local/lsws/lsphp74/bin/phpize && \
./configure '--with-php-config=/usr/local/lsws/lsphp74/bin/php-config' '--with-curl=/usr/bin' && \
make && \
make install && \
echo 'extension=curl.so' >> /usr/local/lsws/lsphp74/etc/php/7.4/litespeed/php.ini && \
echo 'extension=curl.so' >> /usr/local/lsws/lsphp74/etc/php/7.4/litespeed/php-cli.ini

restart and done

Hi guys! I'm trying what vilords suggested but I keep having issues with curl, there's no way my WP can communicate with any external source

--EDIT--
By removing lsphp74-curl and installing the module following vilords method it sort of works but is telling me that the curl extension is missing and gives an error on ssl3

Last edited:

artu

I can confirm the issue is still present. Any version (7.3,7.4,7.1) causes the same issue with SSL certificate validation.
I hope they fix it soon as it's interfering with all the secure cURL calls in my server.

artu

Hi guys! I'm trying what vilords suggested but I keep having issues with curl, there's no way my WP can communicate with any external source

--EDIT--
By removing lsphp74-curl and installing the module following vilords method it sort of works but is telling me that the curl extension is missing and gives an error on ssl3
follow the instructions:
- first of all, install dependencies: curl, libcurl4-openssl-dev, openssl, libssl-dev (if you'll need more, you'll get notified)

For me it works perfectly and it's a workaround until OLS fix the packages.

As a quick reminder, Are the php packages fixed? can i upgrade the packages saftely or are we still with the same issues with badly compiled php packages?