lsphp74/bin/lsphp vs /php vs /php7.4 and WP-CLI

Colcol

Hi

Newbie OLS user. Have to say the video guide linked to from here: https://openlitespeed.org/#install was superb. Thank you to whoever produced it. Up and running with three sites.

Now trying to understand the difference between lsphp, php and php7.4 in /usr/local/lsws/lsphp74/bin -- and what is best practice for their usage.

Video indicated to set the Command field to /usr/local/lsws/lsphp74/bin/lsphp for each virtual host. My cron jobs therefore also point to /lsphp and work fine.

Now installing WP CLI. After install, instructions say use php wp-cli.phar --info to verify the phar file works.

Command works with
php wp-cli.phar --info
/usr/local/lsws/lsphp74/bin/php wp-cli.phar --info
/usr/local/lsws/lsphp74/bin/php7.4 wp-cli.phar --info

But with /usr/local/lsws/lsphp74/bin/lsphp wp-cli.phar --info I get:
PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant STDOUT - assumed 'STDOUT' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in phar:///root/wp-cli.phar/vendor/wp-cli/wp-cli/php/utils.php on line 1057

So there is some difference between /lsphp and /php and /php.7.4. And I guess they all differ from the standard /usr/bin/php

I just wonder for WP CLI, what PHP binary should be used? I would have thought it best with OLS installed everything used the same LSWS PHP binary, but I am not an expert!

Any help appreciated.

lsqtwrk

Administrator
Many thanks. Tried and it works. Would be interesting to know the difference between lsphp and php in that directory.
that questions curious me as well

from what I know , it seems the lsphp was not made for CLI env , only for webserver to launch PHP , while PHP is for CLI use.