lsphp80-gd deb

markc

I notice there is a lsphp80-gd rpm package available but no deb. Would anyone have any idea when the lsphp80-gd might become available now that Wordpress 5.6 has been released?

Oh, and will there be a lsphp80-redis package available at some point?

I also just noticed I can't use the WPvivid backup plugin in Wordpress because there is no lsphp*-zip package. That could be a show stopper for me.

FWIW this might be useful for someone who needs a custom binary install for different uid:gid values...

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/netserva/sh/master/bin/setup-lsws

Last edited:

gilles

Other missing packages for now as far as I can tell:
  • lsphp80-igbinary
  • lsphp80-imagick
  • lsphp80-apcu
  • lsphp80-ioncube
  • lsphp80-json
  • lsphp80-memcached
  • lsphp80-msgpack
  • lsphp80-pear
PHP8 was just released, so it's not surprising.

lskagan

Administrator
JSON and GD are both included in the base packages now, they will not be separate. Some extensions have not been fully updated for PHP 8 and will be released as they become stable.

markc

lskagan Okay, good to know about GD being in the base package. I notice there is no lsphp74-zip or lsphp73-zip either so what is the best way to "lobby" for a zip package?

I'm surprised no one else has noticed or complained about not being able to use any Wordpress backup plugin that depends on zip. It's wierd having to switch to nginx/fpm just to do a backup then back to OLS for better GTmetrix results.

markc

gilles You are right, I just checked with phpinfo() and sure enough zip is included. It must be an error with the WPvivid plugin. FWIW, I saw the mention of class-pclzip.php and noticed there was no zip module so I jumped to conclussions that the zip module must be missing altogether (however if I switch to nginx/fpm this error does not appear)...

Backup error: An error has occurred. class:ValueError;msg:fread(): Argument #2 ($length) must be greater
than 0;code:0;line:2677;in_file:/home/u/netserva.net/var/www/wp-admin/includes/class-pclzip.php;