mod_security and 406 error

Some of my pages have been throwing the 406 error, I managed to get around this by disabling a few mod security rules from Direct Admin, the thing is that there are many rules for me to disable, specially because one of my themes has a layout builder and every time I use that builder, the items will open in a lightbox, thus, each item is using its own rule when I check the logs. I already tried disabling mod_security for the administration area, using htacess, but it seems to me that is not possible from the htacess. The only solution I have now is that I need to individually disable each rule for each url request, and that's not good because every time I do that I need to restart the entire VPS, and it takes too long.

Any advice on how I should proceed?

Pong

Administrator
First, you can disable mod_security competely from server level to set "SecRuleEngine Off". If you just want to make a change to one domain, .htaccess is fine too. Second, If they are failse alarm, you'd better contact the mod_security provider to fix the bugs.

First, you can disable mod_security competely from server level to set "SecRuleEngine Off". If you just want to make a change to one domain, .htaccess is fine too. Second, If they are failse alarm, you'd better contact the mod_security provider to fix the bugs.
I'm not being able to disable from .htaccess.