OpenLiteSpeed Update

T

Tyler

Hello,

I went ahead and ran my basic CentOS update command to update all packages and I noticed OpenLiteSpeed had an update to 1.4.2 and I've always been on 1.3 without issues. However, since I updated to 1.4.2, it causes a Cloudflare Offline on my forum and nothing appears properly in the OpenLiteSpeed Control Panel.

Any ideas? I even put Cloudflare in Development Mode and purged cache.

UPDATE: Everything loads fine in the Control Panel, however my forum remains offline.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if it's the same issue, but after I upgraded to the newest version it wasn't working at all. None of my web pages were loading, not the admin control panel either even though litespeed was still running. Didn't see any relevant errors in the error log, downgraded and it was working again.

T

Tyler

I got my forum back in order. However, I found the reason that my forum was offline was because when you upgrade, you have to reconfigure OpenLiteSpeed all over again.

lsmichael

Developers are looking into this now. Your configs should be automatically changed to the flat file style 1.4.x uses when you upgrade, but maybe this doesn't happen when you use the repository...

m

T

Tyler

Developers are looking into this now. Your configs should be automatically changed to the flat file style 1.4.x uses when you upgrade, but maybe this doesn't happen when you use the repository...

m
That's exactly what happened. All I did was use yum update on my server and it updated it automatically, then had to reconfigure it all.

lsmichael

Thanks for following up. We've removed 1.4 from the repository until we can fix that functionality. It won't be added back to the repository until that works better.

Michael

Thanks for following up. We've removed 1.4 from the repository until we can fix that functionality. It won't be added back to the repository until that works better.

Michael
Any update on this? Saw some screenshots from the 1.4x UI and they look pretty sweet. Wanted to try it out. :p

lsmichael

Ha. Sorry. We're going to leave 1.4.x out of the repository until it's stable. We don't want people accidentally upgrading to a beta version. If you install from source, though, the config conversion functionality works.

m

Np, it's just that it was more than a month ago so wasn't sure if you guys forgot! I will just wait, no real need for the new version, just that it looks prettier. :p