openlitespeed vhost

ozge

I have an openlitespeed server I want to be able to add vhost. So I want openlitespeed to run on every opened subscription. How can I do this?

gilles

Chiming in on this thread from the past. I am trying to use OLS as a reverse proxy for a nodejs app. The app uses https and encrypted websockets but OLS only supports unencrypted websockets. I am thinking of running a separate reverse proxy (maybe Nginx) to be able to handle the encrypted websocket connection.

Where is the port offset setting available in OLS?

lsqtwrk

Administrator
Chiming in on this thread from the past. I am trying to use OLS as a reverse proxy for a nodejs app. The app uses https and encrypted websockets but OLS only supports unencrypted websockets. I am thinking of running a separate reverse proxy (maybe Nginx) to be able to handle the encrypted websocket connection.

Where is the port offset setting available in OLS?

user <----> OLS , this port is on your listner

OLS <----> backend , this port is controlled by your external app setting

gilles

Thanks for the reply. I've figured out I could use encrypted websockets between the client and OLS, and then unencrypted websockets between OLS and my backend server, so all is well (having a certificate issue with webhooks but I can figure it out).

I had read a reference to a "Port Offset" (a single value that would shift all ports by say 2000, e.g. port 80 would become 2080) so that OLS would not listen on default ports like 80/443 and would be able to coexist with another web server like Apache or Nginx.

lsqtwrk

Administrator
Thanks for the reply. I've figured out I could use encrypted websockets between the client and OLS, and then unencrypted websockets between OLS and my backend server, so all is well (having a certificate issue with webhooks but I can figure it out).

I had read a reference to a "Port Offset" (a single value that would shift all ports by say 2000, e.g. port 80 would become 2080) so that OLS would not listen on default ports like 80/443 and would be able to coexist with another web server like Apache or Nginx.
port offset is on LSWS enterprise,

It's basically a feature that reads Apache conf file, but runs on different port, to be able to run lsws and Apache at same tome for test

How did you achieve that part of using encrypted websockets between the client and OLS. I am stuck on this one..Kindly assist