OpenLiteSpeed vs Paid - noobie questions

I currently have paid litespeed and cache installed, but I am not really sure I am getting any benefit over having openlitespeed. So, I am thinking about cancelling the paid version and just going open.

Some questions first!

1. I read that openlitespeed is not compatible with cpanel. But what does that actually mean by not compatible? Does it mean that if I have cpanel, I cannot install openlitespeed?

2. Does openlitespeed play nicely with Xenforo software?

3. Would you recommend openlitespeed over paid?

Pong

Administrator
Does it mean that if I have cpanel, I cannot install openlitespeed?
correct. You can not use OpenLiteSpeed on cpanel at all.

2. Does openlitespeed play nicely with Xenforo software?
Yes

Would you recommend openlitespeed over paid?
You should tell us a little bit about your situation? Are you runing shared hosting services? what application do you use?

If wordpress, you can use just openlitespeed with lscache. If you need ESI for cache, such as Magento, Joomla, Drupal, you will need LiteSpeed enterprise.

I have a Manged VPS at Knownhost, with Wordpress and Xenforo. It is mainly to accelerate Xenforo that I want litespeed.

Regarding Q1, I think there is a misunderstanding. I don't want to use OpenLiteSpeed on cpanel. What I am asking is if I have WHM + cpanel, does that prevent me from installing OpenLiteSpeed? Or if I installed OpenLiteSpeed does that mean cpanel stops working or OpenLiteSpeed stops working?

Pong

Administrator
For Xenforo 2, you can use OLS and enable lscache plugin there. There is no ESI and it only caches non-logged in users.

On cpanel, it doesn't prevent you to install OLS. I don't think it will break your cpanel as far as you keep the apache running.