Password protecting a directory

lsmichael

Hi Parham,

First, welcome to the OpenLiteSpeed community.

We'll need a little more information on what exactly doesn't work. When you go to the protected context URL, you don't get asked for a password? Your password doesn't work? You see an error?

Cheers,

Michael

Hi Parham,

First, welcome to the OpenLiteSpeed community.

We'll need a little more information on what exactly doesn't work. When you go to the protected context URL, you don't get asked for a password? Your password doesn't work? You see an error?

Cheers,

Michael
Thanks

I use litespeed on few of my servers that actually use a lot of resources because it's less hassle and it's worth paying the money (specially on the server that I have cPanel) but I have a small personal server so I though I give this a try instead of nginx, the problem is there is not much resources available, I'm looking for how to password protect a directory, simple user and password, the way that he explained in that post seems fine but for me after those configurations it was still not asking me for a password for some reason

Regards
Parham

lsmichael

Hi Parham,

That's exactly the situation we see a lot of people using OpenLiteSpeed. We're trying to add documentation as well as we can, but there's a long way to go.

It sounds like you're not hitting the context or the context is misconfigured. What's the URL you're trying to protect? What are the configs of your /protected/ context?

Cheers,

Michael