Performance Problems

Hello, I am having an issue with the number of lsphp processes being spawned by a website which is in return then either slowing the site to a crawl as the cpu is 100% (8 core i7) or it gives up and a 500 server error page is displayed.Been looking at the max connections and php lsapi child along with the number of workers on the server config and for that particular vhost but not getting anywhere. Any suggestions?

Running 1.6.5 version of OLS with Cyberpanel.

Server config

Workers 2
Cpu affinity 1
Memory IO buffer 60M

Litespeed Sapi App lsphp
Max Connections 20
PHP_LSAPI_CHILDREN 15

stderr.log did start reporting if I went lower than to raise it. IE 10 13 being used raise LSAPI_CHILDREN

Last edited:

David

I tested your site with chrome, and I saw
Code:
x-litespeed-cache: hit
x-nitro-cache: MISS
So it is served by server internal cache.

I tested your site with chrome, and I saw
Code:
x-litespeed-cache: hit
x-nitro-cache: MISS
So it is served by server internal cache.
I was testing with another plugin to see if I could resolve the issue. It did not and I have now reverted back to just litespeed cache

CPU is still spiking due to lsphp processes

David

This is weird since if most files are served as static file but not php, there should not be too many lsphp processes.
Usually the lsphp processes will gone after a while, and so that it won't cause to much CPU usage.
The cached file is a static file.
Can you change
Max Connections 10
PHP_LSAPI_CHILDREN 10

Pong

Administrator
www.henna-boy.co.uk is loading pretty fast to me at the moment. You may need to find out why it has so many PHP processes ( could be bad PHP code? or loop? etc) if pages have been cached? It doesn't sound like OpenLiteSpeed web server related, more looks like within your application PHP code problem.

Well wish it was that simple as its the code which is a response I was expecting but doesnt add up for me.

1) Been running on ols since August and the issue has only just presented itself.
2) Been running fine apache before August without any issue.

If there was issue with the code it would have been there already and nothing has changed as it would have been myself that would have made the changes.

Going to run some tests on a new ryzen 5 dedicated box to see if its more hardware related.