PHP 7.4.8 Issues and Resolutions

Dear Litespeed,

I have decided to make this thread easier to find for other who might have issues using the WebAdmin and CompilePHP Interfaces.
Hopefully other users will benefit from the issues and resolutions in this thread.

That said, let's get into it.

After compiling PHP 7.4.8 via the CompilePHP WebAdmin Interface, we have found that while phpinfo(); loads and tells us that the installation is successful, we appear to be getting very slow page loading times, 20 or 30 seconds, and sometimes even longer.

The installation is otherwise standard, and we are wondering how to rectify the issue.

is there any other reports or does this sound like any previous issue you've encountered.

Perhaps there is a workaround?

With thanks,

God Mode.

gilles

I think you will need to give a bit more information to get a solution/resolution to your issue:
  1. What operating system are you using?
  2. What version of PHP were you using before?
  3. If you switch back, do you see the perf problem go away?
  4. How did you compile PHP 7.4.8? which extensions did you include?
  5. Which extensions are enabled through php.ini?
  6. Do you see any logs filling up under /usr/local/lsws/logs/ or debug.log if it's a wordpress website?

Good call!

Frankly I presumed this might be a known problem.

Hi and thank you for your reply.

The installation is otherwise standard so;

1) Ubuntu 20.0 LTS Focal Fossa
2) Previously running 5.3 as per standard installation
3) Switching back makes the problem go away
4) I compiled PHP7.4.8 with the standard default compilePHP.php page
5) Niether logs show anything of use.

I can confirm that building PHP7.1.33 is unnaffected and mysqli extension is working fine with it installed.

I will update with any further information that I may find, however, under PHP7.1.33, page loading is incredibly slow.
Not sure what to do here.

Hopefully we can speed it up under 7.1.33 perhaps

Thank you for jumping in!

Cheers~!

gilles

Where are you at with your issue?

My advice would be to try to install lsphp74 packages using apt install instead. Would that work for you?