Site shows mime type application/octet-stream - why?

I just installed OLS on this site https://www.happybunnies.com - I basically copied the WordPress folder over. Incredibly, that was all it took to port from Apache → OLS!

However, it seems it's serving the mime type as application/octet-stream

Running a query on https://gtmetrix.com/ for the site confirms this. (GTMetrix fails to run.)

When I run GTMetrics on the same site running Apache, it's fine.

How would I narrow down the cause?

Cold-Egg

Administrator
Hi,

When running OLS, do you see any application/octet-stream type from your browser?

Will it makes any difference if you bypass the CDN?

Best,
Eric

Hey thanks for replying.

Not sure what the cause was - a server restart seems to have fixed it! However, I've switched back to Apache for now as I can't get Elementor to work on Litespeed!

Cold-Egg

Administrator
Could you help to check if this is a compatibility issue with LSCache plugin? Turn the plugin off and try Elementor again.
Also, did you use LSCache with default options?

Thanks, Cold-Egg. I did try a few things - even disabling multiple plugins didn't seem to help.
The issue is that the editor never appears when I got to edit a page in Elementor.

Thanks, Cold-Egg. I did try a few things - even disabling multiple plugins didn't seem to help.
The issue is that the editor never appears when I got to edit a page in Elementor.
Are you using Litespeed Cache at all? If yes, It is possible that the problem is coming from the Optimization section of it if you have them enabled. You can also disable the Litespeed Cache plugin to try.

It also looks like you're using two more levels of cache in front of your website, one is Cloudflare Full-Page Cache and one is represented by `X-Cache`, Cloudflare should be okay, as long as you're using the correct ways and you know what you're doing. But how is the second one configured?

Hi Shivam,

The site is back on Apache now, using Cloudflare. I'm using WP-Rocket's CDN with Cloudflare.

On Apache. this setup works fine and I can use the Elementor editor.

With all plugins (apart from Elementor!) disabled (removed) on Litespeed, I wasn't able to access the Elementor editor.

I will put up a new site on litespeed to try to get it working but for now, I need to be able to use Elementor.

Hi Shivam,

The site is back on Apache now, using Cloudflare. I'm using WP-Rocket's CDN with Cloudflare.

On Apache. this setup works fine and I can use the Elementor editor.

With all plugins (apart from Elementor!) disabled (removed) on Litespeed, I wasn't able to access the Elementor editor.

I will put up a new site on litespeed to try to get it working but for now, I need to be able to use Elementor.
Just tried using WordPress + Elementor on my test website with OLS, Looks pretty good. There is probably something else in between breaking this stuff.

If you do still get the issue just by using OLS, do consider let us know here or contact Litespeed support by emailing support[at]litespeedtech.com

gilles

It may be worth checking the browser console when opening the Elementor editor. When something goes wrong, you will usually see a blocked resource. I am using Elementor on one of my sites and have run into a few issues (security headers blocking content, the editor loading somewhat slowly, the editor not loading but fine after refresh).