Some questions before install Open Lite Speed

Zeokat

Well i want to test Open Lite Speed but and need some advices before install it.

1) Recomended OS to install OLS? i´m searching for an OS where update OLS will be easy. I don´t remember where i read that in CentOS is more easy to upgrade than in Ubuntu for example. Will be CentOS the best choice?

2) Which version of PHP is recomended to use? i´m planing to use Wordpress, Xenforo and Vbulletin but i have no idea abou which PHP version is the best choice.

Thanks in advance.

lsmichael

Well i want to test Open Lite Speed but and need some advices before install it.

1) Recomended OS to install OLS? i´m searching for an OS where update OLS will be easy. I don´t remember where i read that in CentOS is more easy to upgrade than in Ubuntu for example. Will be CentOS the best choice?
CentOS is definitely the easiest to upgrade, since you can install and upgrade from our repositories: http://open.litespeedtech.com/mediawiki/index.php/Repositories

This doesn't necessarily make CentOS the best choice, but it is probably the easiest.

2) Which version of PHP is recomended to use? i´m planing to use Wordpress, Xenforo and Vbulletin but i have no idea abou which PHP version is the best choice.

Thanks in advance.
This I don't know. It really depends on the applications and plugins you plan on using. (OpenLiteSpeed is fine with any version of PHP.) Newer versions of PHP have advantages over older versions, but they may not be compatible with everything you'd like to run. The best place to ask about this might be on the WordPress, XenForo, and vBulletin's forums.