Updating Mariadb

The version of Mariadb running on our GCP openlitespeed site is outdated and I’m interested in updating it. Any tutorials available for doing this on openlitespeed?

Cold-Egg

Administrator
Dump the DB just in case.
Code:
mysqldump -u root -p --all-databases > databasedump.sql
Then you can edit the version e.g. 10.6 to 10.7 from "/etc/apt/sources.list.d/mariadb_repo.list"

Then upgrade it with following commands
Code:
apt update
apt upgrade
apt-get install mariadb-server
systemctl daemon-reload
let me know if it works.

Asking the same question, except in my installation, /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mariadb_repo.list does not exist.

Trying to update the Wordpress MariaDB server from 10.3.38 to at least 10.4.xx (or higher, if possible -- 10.11.xx would be ideal).

This is a DigitalOcean droplet running Ubuntu 20.04/OLS/php 8.1.22/lsphp 8.1.22/WordPress v6.3.

TIA!

Nope!

Here's what's in that directory:

digitalocean-agent.list
droplet-agent.list
lst_debian_repo.list.save
digitalocean-agent.list.save
droplet-agent.list.save
ondrej-ubuntu-php-focal.list
dovecot.list.save
lst_debian_repo.list
ondrej-ubuntu-php-focal.list.save

Cold-Egg

Administrator
Ok, not sure why there's no MariaDB file at all. Please export your sql as a backup, then run the following command to install MariaDB 10.11. This should also auto-create the repo for you.
Code:
curl -LsS https://r.mariadb.com/downloads/mariadb_repo_setup | sudo bash -s -- --mariadb-server-version="mariadb-10.11"
Let me know if it works.

THANK YOU!!!

Still testing, but it appears that everything is working properly.

I asked Digital Ocean "support" why the expected files were not in the expected location, and they replied:

"Default path for configuration file on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS is : /etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d/

Reference Link: https://devopscube.com/install-mariadb-on-ubuntu/
(Search for .cnf)"

For the record, that location contains the following files:

50-client.cnf
50-mysqld_safe.cnf
50-server.cnf.dpkg-old
50-mysql-clients.cnf
50-server.cnf
60-galera.cnf

And the directory:

99-enable-encryption.cnf.preset

Which contains the file: