Varnish?

L

LA2085

Is it possible to install Varnish cache over OLS? if so, is there any guide on to install it and configure it? :)

Thanks.

-LA

L

LA2085

Cool, thanks. I'll play with it on my test VPS, I'll post here if I need any help. :)

P

pamamolf

A tutorial will be great on how we can setup it and configure it on Openlitespeed :)

I am 100% sure that peopla will love Openlitespeed if they get basic support here for installing and configuring some software ....

Thank you

lsmichael

A tutorial will be great on how we can setup it and configure it on Openlitespeed :)

I am 100% sure that peopla will love Openlitespeed if they get basic support here for installing and configuring some software ....

Thank you
Agreed. I just wish we had more time to put together tutorials. @Robson ? I know you've done it...

m

You could use this guide i think link.
Its pretty straight forward, just skip the apache installation part and if you are running CentOS 6.x follow the fedora instructions.
Just change the listener in the admin panel to 8080
There is one more thing you need to do that is to edit the /etc/varnish/default.vcl file.
Do the following changes:
nano /etc/varnish/default.vcl
Change .port = "80"; to .port = "8080";

One more thing if you are using wordpress you might want to consider the fact that all the ips will be changed to 127.0.0.1 so you might want to fix that.
Stilla newbie so no idea how to do it directly through litespeed but you can look here. Just follow the second last reply.

One more thing if you are using wordpress you might want to consider the fact that all the ips will be changed to 127.0.0.1 so you might want to fix that.
Stilla newbie so no idea how to do it directly through litespeed but you can look here. Just follow the second last reply.