Wild Idea: OLS to LS should be like Fedora to RedHat

Looking at the comparison

http://www.litespeedtech.com/index.php/products/litespeed-web-server/editions

I believe it would be best if litespeedtech offer OLS as the bleeding edge technology for Litespeed, some sort of testing ground for new technologies/features that may/may not be implemented to Litespeed and not the other way around.

There will be more beta-testers who could point out bugs on said features/tech before implementing it to Litespeed.

Just my two-cents.

lsfoo

Administrator
Hi bortrenamo,

This idea is very wild! So wild, that it's what we actually do :D. OLS 1.4.7 is where most of our new stuff is made first, then once we feel confident that they work, it is ported into the Enterprise side.

The main page needs to be updated, but page caching (I'm assuming this is what you'd like to try) is actually already available as a module in OLS.

If the instructions aren't clear, or if they just don't work at all, please let us know, we haven't updated any wikis related to modules because our module system is changing with every new release (you experienced this already with the lua issue), but the kinks are being worked out, and we hope to have it done and stable relatively soon and mark 1.4 stable.

Anyway, to continue the original topic, OLS is where our features are implemented first, and you may be surprised as to what features are already there.

That said, if there are any features that you would like to see in OLS, don't hesitate to make a request for it! The answer won't always be yes, because there are features that will remain Enterprise side only, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Kevin

That said, if there are any features that you would like to see in OLS, don't hesitate to make a request for it! The answer won't always be yes, because there are features that will remain Enterprise side only, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
Here's my list..

1.) Can we have someone update this :)

2) .htaccess (y)

I haven't tried page caching yet, just fiddling with OLS for a few days.

lsfoo

Administrator
1. Nice find! Someone (or me) will be updating this. To be quite honest, I didn't even know this existed.

2. :whistle: Let's put it this way, it is more probable than not that this will not happen.

EDIT: The page is updated, we may add more in the future, but this is the plan for the immediate future.

Last edited: