x-forwarded-for in openlitespeed

siefu

hi,

my server are behind proxy / loadbalance. in order to show the real ip i need to enable x-forded-for (if in apache). i do some googling, it is "use client ip header" and i need to enable it - put it yes.

i have done the setup, then restart the server. the access log still shown the ip loadbalance/proxy.

is there any where that i have missed out?

thanks

Pong

Administrator
"use client ip in header" should work. Which version of OLS are you using? Please upgrade to 1.5.6 if you have not to see if it helps. If not, can you log a ticket with us with tmp root access for us to check your server?

siefu

"use client ip in header" should work. Which version of OLS are you using? Please upgrade to 1.5.6 if you have not to see if it helps. If not, can you log a ticket with us with tmp root access for us to check your server?
Dear Pong,

we are using version 1.4.30 . will try to upgrade first and do some testing. if its not help will log a ticket.

siefu

Dear Pong,

we are using version 1.4.30 . will try to upgrade first and do some testing. if its not help will log a ticket.
Dear pong, after further check, it is working properly, it is just enable in 'use client ip in header' the reason x-forwarded ip doesnt show before because i'm using ssl, loadbalance wrongly offload ssl so that is the reason x-forwarded ip doesnt show.

thanks for your reply