Ipv6 listener does not work for ipv4

I had been speaking to someone on your team before getting ghosted. He had shown me that using the IPV6 Listener would support both ipv6 and ipv4. I found this to be untrue as I setup a fresh ipv6 listener on two servers and they according to netstat it was only listening to ipv6, which is different from the netstat he showed me.

The only way I found for OLS to support ipv6 and ipv4 users is to run 2 listeners. 1 for ipv6 on 443 and another listener for ipv4 on 443. The problem with this however is the ipv4 listener always takes precedence over the ipv6 listener for all users.

Cold-Egg

Administrator
I guess what @zoddshop means is, if the client/device supports both IPv4&IPv6, then the connection will try to use IPv4.
If your client only supports IPv6, then I don't think it will cause any issues.

I had someone from the litespeed team show me the ipv6 listener would work for both ipv6 and ipv4. But I setup a ipv6 listener and checked netstat and it does not seem to work for ipv4.

Am I supposed to run a 2 separate listeners for ipv6 and ipv4?

Cold-egg is correct. If client has both ipv4 and ipv6, the connection will use ipv4. Is there a way to make the client use ipv6 first?

The listeners have a way to bind to a process, would that work? I see you can bind a listener to process 1 - 8

Binding: Specifies which lshttpd child process the listener is assigned to. Different child processes can be used to handle requests to different listeners by manually associating a listener with a process. By default, a listener is assigned to all child processes.