Magento CE 2.4.2-p1 Installation Issue

raminda

Hi,

I'm trying to install Magento 2.4.2-p1 on Openlitespeed 1.7.11 with PHP 7.4. My operating system is Ubuntu 20.04. When I try to run the installation it shows below error,

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'DOMDocument' not found in /var/www/html/demo/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/Config/Dom.php:449
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/demo/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/Config/Dom.php(116): Magento\Framework\Config\Dom->_initDom()
#1 /var/www/html/demo/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/ObjectManager/Config/Reader/Dom.php(70): Magento\Framework\Config\Dom->__construct()
#2 /var/www/html/demo/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/Config/Reader/Filesystem.php(151): Magento\Framework\ObjectManager\Config\Reader\Dom->_createConfigMerger()
#3 /var/www/html/demo/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/Config/Reader/Filesystem.php(132): Magento\Framework\Config\Reader\Filesystem->_readFiles()
#4 /var/www/html/demo/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/App/ObjectManagerFactory.php(279): Magento\Framework\Config\Reader\Filesystem->read()
#5 /var/www/html/demo/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/App/ObjectManagerFactory.php(140): Magento\Framework\App\ObjectManagerFactory->_loadPrimaryConfig()
in /var/www/html/demo/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/Config/Dom.php on line 449

Install script
bin/magento setup:install \
--base-url=https://xxxxx.com \
--db-host=localhost \
--db-name=dev \
--db-user=devu \
--db-password=xxxxxxx \
--admin-firstname=admin \
--admin-lastname=admin \
--admin-email=xxxxx@googlemail.com \
--admin-user=admin \
--admin-password=admin123 \
--language=en_US \
--currency=USD \
--timezone=America/Chicago \
--use-rewrites=1

Please help me to resolve the issue.

Cold-Egg

Administrator
It's more recommended to have Magento run with LSWS instead of OpenLiteSpeed. Because litemage cache only supported on LSWS and you might also want to adjust .htaccess file a little bit.

Could you share PHP info page, maybe this is due to some missing packages?

Cold-Egg

Administrator
I thought you may miss the XML package, now I am not sure, maybe you can try manually install from the browser and see what it says.