OLS + Django = GET request URLs not working

Noah

Hi,

I recently used the pre-built image on the DigitalOcean market place to create a server for hosting both OLS as well as a Django app. For whatever, reason, whenever I try and use GET parameters in any URL on my site, such as /login-error/?next=/index/ the parameter is completely ignored and nothing is sent. For example, my site has shops on it, and the URL /viewshop/?shop_id=1 returns these variables in Django:

Code:
request        <WSGIRequest: GET '/viewshop/'>
shop_id        None
Any suggestions on how to fix this issue? I'm guessing it might have something to do with the cache module, but I am not sure.

Thanks!

Noah

Hi yes I did. I’m just using the default settings shown in that guide. Also I don’t think it has to do with how the application is coded because it works locally, just not when uploaded to the server with LS on it.

Noah

It happened on 1.4.44 which is the version that I’m on currently.

Django GET parameters are usually after a / in the URL if that makes a difference. However it works fine locally so I’m not 100% sure where the issue is occurring, but Django gets “None” returned for GET parameters so OLS is dropping them somewhere.

Hi Noah, I believe that MAKES a difference. In other servers like Apache, "domain" (document_root) ends with "/", but not in OLS. In fact, htaccess redirects in OLS have to add a initial "/" in front of apache to work. I'm sure thats its related with our issue. Well seen.

I update OLS and now is working. When 1.4.46 release I saw OLS changelog, but not found any related. Even so, I updated and now is working.

My actual working env:

OLS Version: 1.4.46
OLS lswgi Bin: lsapi wsgi 1.4 compiled with python 3.6.8 by Anaconda
Python venv Bin: Python 3.6.8 :: Anaconda, Inc.
Django: 2.1.7

@xmail @Noah Can you update OLS to last version to confirm this?