phpmyadmin not working in Google Cloud's openlitespeed-wordpress Image

Hi,

Thanks for releasing cloud images with OpenLiteSpeed 1.6.13 and fixing phpmyadmin hitting context level external redirect error upon system upgrade. Now I am using MySQL dump instead of phpmyadmin.

I installed openlitespeed-wordpress image version 4.0 and MariaDB gives error when I run
Code:
systemctl status mysql
or
Code:
sudo systemctl status mysql

Attachments

Hi,

Thanks for releasing cloud images with OpenLiteSpeed 1.6.13 and fixing phpmyadmin hitting context level external redirect error upon system upgrade. Now I am using MySQL dump instead of phpmyadmin.

I installed openlitespeed-wordpress image version 4.0 and MariaDB gives error when I run
Code:
systemctl status mysql
or
Code:
sudo systemctl status mysql
After one day when I checked MySQL status, it showed different errors. I thought it may be a problem with my installations so I deleted that VM and installed fresh openlitespeed-wordpress image version 4.0 in Google Cloud. Again after one day, MariaDB errors are changed.

Attachments

Cold-Egg

Administrator
So it happens after one day? Thanks for the information. There's something changed on the new DB version, we are working on it and hope to figure this out soon.

The plan is after lscache v3 official released, should be soon. You can also get latest version from litespeed repo e.g. 1.6.x easily with command
Code:
apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y
Because of this I never update the system. In the past, many things went wrong when I run system update.

I thought OpenLiteSpeed-WordPress image version 4.0 will be stable. So I deleted the snapshot of the last version immediately after I transferred my blogs to a new image.

Since MariaDB 10.4.x has many errors I request you to release a new OpenLiteSpeed-WordPress image by downgrading MariaDB to 10.3.x or replacing MariaDB to MySQL, also consider upgrading PHP to 7.4.

Please release a stable OpenLiteSpeed-WordPress image.

Last edited:
I run commands with root permission
Code:
sudo bash vhsetup.sh
The problem is that, after I changed the MySQL root password I cannot install WordPress. I gave following options in mysql_secure_installation
Code:
Switch to unix_socket authentication [Y/n] n
Change the root password? [Y/n] Y
Remove anonymous users? [Y/n] Y
Disallow root login remotely? [Y/n] Y
Remove test database and access to it? [Y/n] Y
Reload privilege tables now? [Y/n] Y
But in OpenLiteSpeed-WordPress v3 I can install WordPress using auto-setup script even after changing the MySQL root password.

Cold-Egg

Administrator
Hi,

The vhscript will auto detect default db pass file https://github.com/litespeedtech/ls-cloud-image/blob/master/Setup/vhsetup.sh#L181.
So if you changed the password without updating the file, it will not work for the auto vhsetup script. Theoretically your method may not work even in v3. :unsure:

After changing the MySQK root password, please try updating the new password to both /home/ubuntu/.db_password and /etc/mysql/debian.cnf files, let us know if it helps.

1. https://docs.litespeedtech.com/cloud/OPT-LETSHTTPS/ This URL is not found.
  2. I mistakenly entered "y" for "Install WordPress? [y/N]:" option. In the next option when I enter "N" to correct that mistake OpenLiteSpeed server doesn't accept that.
The second issue arose because when I moved my websites from v3 to v4, I compressed the entire www directory in v3 and replaced the www directory in v4.

I want to completely remove PHPMyAdmin, If I delete phpmyadmin folder in /var/www directory and Virtual Host > wordpress > Context > /phpmyadmin/ in WebAdmin is enough or I need to do something else to completely remove PHPMyAdmin?