Updated to OLS 1.6.7, Password Protected Directory with Realm and Context Not Working Now

#21
Hey Guys, I've found a solution. I'd stored my users file (aka htpasswd) in the /usr/local/lsws/conf/vhosts/mysite.com/ directory. I wasn't using a groups file but if I was it would have been there too. I moved the users file to my $VH_ROOT/conf/ directory /usr/local/lsws/www/example.com/conf/ (NOT the $DOC_ROOT). File permissions 644, owner:group both lsadm. After that, it worked. **Obviously, I had to update the realm in the virtual host security tab to the location of the users file. I hope this helps you guys to.
 
#23
Hey Guys, I've found a solution. I'd stored my users file (aka htpasswd) in the /usr/local/lsws/conf/vhosts/mysite.com/ directory. I wasn't using a groups file but if I was it would have been there too. I moved the users file to my $VH_ROOT/conf/ directory /usr/local/lsws/www/example.com/conf/ (NOT the $DOC_ROOT). File permissions 644, owner:group both lsadm. After that, it worked. **Obviously, I had to update the realm in the virtual host security tab to the location of the users file. I hope this helps you guys to.
That worked. Not sure what changed in 1.6.7 but obviously something did.
 
Top